Polyurethane JDM Bumpers

Pops_AE86

Polyurethane JDM Bumpers

Postby Pops_AE86 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:52 pm

**Please delete if not allowed**

The day has finally come! Quality AE86 replica JDM bumpers made here in the USA. We are going to be producing bumpers for the zenki, kouki, as well as the levin variants.

Note: **These are not made of fiberglass**
We will be casting them out of polyurethane. This means you don’t have to worry about a fiberglass bumper shattering. With polyurethane you could fold it in half or roll it up into a ball and it will go back to its original shape by heating it up depending on the mixture.

Funding for this project will allow 10 people to get one of the first bumpers made by us at a discounted price ($500). Prices after this will raise to around 600 depending on time & materials spent on each bumper. The funding will help us put all our effort into just making bumpers for you.

If you’re interested in getting your hands on one check out our kickstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/abrahampoppaw/ae86-replica-jdm-bumpers?ref=ect16k

Already have a JDM bumper and want one of ours for free? DM me.
If sales go well we will also start casting interior trim/pieces, side skirts, rear bumpers, and more!
Have a question? Feel free to comment or DM me.
Please share so we can get this out there.

sprinterr86
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: Polyurethane JDM Bumpers

Postby sprinterr86 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:27 am

so u can only get one if u back this project?? will u guys still have them later on??

Pops_AE86

Postby Pops_AE86 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:16 pm

sprinterr86 wrote:so u can only get one if u back this project?? will u guys still have them later on??

Yes, one per backer for this order if you want another you could back again. Yes after this we will be doing constant production of bumper. People who are not backers will have to wait an additional month to place orders.

Emeripino
Club4AG Regular

Postby Emeripino » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:13 pm

PM'ed you good sir

Pops_AE86

Postby Pops_AE86 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:45 pm

Emeripino wrote:PM'ed you good sir

Sent a reply.

CountPrinky
Club4AG Regular

Postby CountPrinky » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:41 pm

Any available?!

cincybranr
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby cincybranr » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:58 am

I love that you’re doing this and am planning to do some small 3D Scanning and printing of my own for JDM retainers etc. As an enthusiast and someone who really cares about this community, my one word of caution is the Department of Transportation. Just make sure you have an Off-road use only letter that comes with them. Our bumpers were different for multiple reasons but one of them was the safety differences between the US and Japan. Outside of that, I love the passion and commitment to keeping these parts alive! Keep up the great work!
Progress. Not perfection.

yabaiani
Club4AG Expert

Postby yabaiani » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:49 am

Pops_AE86 wrote:**Please delete if not allowed**

The day has finally come! Quality AE86 replica JDM bumpers made here in the USA. We are going to be producing bumpers for the zenki, kouki, as well as the levin variants.

We will be casting them out of polyurethane. This means you don’t have to worry about a fiberglass bumper shattering. With polyurethane you could fold it in half or roll it up into a ball and it will go back to its original shape by heating it up depending on the mixture.

Funding for this project will allow 10 people to get one of the first bumpers made by us at a discounted price ($500). Prices after this will raise to around 600 depending on time & materials spent on each bumper. The funding will help us put all our effort into just making bumpers for you.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/abrahampoppaw/ae86-replica-jdm-bumpers?ref=ect16k

If sales go well we will also start casting interior trim/pieces, side skirts, rear bumpers, and more!

Sent you a PM

yabaiani
Club4AG Expert

Postby yabaiani » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:49 am

Pops_AE86 wrote:**Please delete if not allowed**

Sent you a PM

eightfive

Postby eightfive » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:32 pm

Did the first set of people already get theres? Very interested in this

idreamofdrifting
Club4AG MASTER

Postby idreamofdrifting » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:05 am

$5k goal wasn't met so I guess the whole project fell through?

Jayrdee
Club4AG Expert

Postby Jayrdee » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:43 pm

Did anything ever come of this? I'm definitely interested in buying a zenki Levin bumper to replace mine
[I have no idea what I'm doing]

Neilboy2979

Postby Neilboy2979 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:05 am

Im interested too!