NEW: Rota Kyusha 15x9

hellopanda
Club4AG Regular

Re: NEW: Rota Kyusha 15x9

Postby hellopanda » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:04 pm

i bought these wheels mainly for street use, roads here are ugly as **** compared for what you have there in US so I can't gamble on an original item just to destroy them on potholes. I switch them with my 14x7 weds racing with neova ad07 when i do touge and trackday. If only rota makes an orginal design for 15x9 it would be great but they ain't. so i just got to go to what's available here in our country.

For the sake of toughness, i say its ok for drifting, but for rally, endurance i say 50-50.
Eat PASTA, Run FASTA!

SlideSexy
Club4AG Expert

Postby SlideSexy » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:31 am

https://vimeo.com/35126125

Start at 3:42, and watch for just 15 seconds.

That is the reason I'd never buy XXRs, Rotas or any other replica.. He was probably doing a max of 30 mph coming IN to the corner, so close to his exit was probably like 15mph.. MAYBE. A little tap like that at that low of speeds and the rim is destroyed? No way man. Almost any real deal wheel would have probably just bent, in the smallest bit. Even if it wasn't a small bend, lets say a big bend and good amounts of curb, only the outer lip would most likely be damaged. Seeing how a CR01 is 3 piece, the damage done would cost the price of a new lip which is about $150-220 depending on where you get it from.

I'd much rather ride on a bent lip for a few days instead of having no wheel at all.

To each their own.
ANYONE CAN BUY A NEW CAR. IT TAKES A TRUE ENTHUSIAST
TO BREATHE LIFE INTO AN OLDER ONE.

maxpham
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby maxpham » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:52 pm

Thanks for the video SlideSexy. Whoa... okay, I'm glad I ordered CR01s then. And here I was thinking they were just for brand whores.
PS. I'm not a brand whore.

SlideSexy
Club4AG Expert

Postby SlideSexy » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:52 pm

maxpham wrote:Thanks for the video SlideSexy. Whoa... okay, I'm glad I ordered CR01s then. And here I was thinking they were just for brand whores.
PS. I'm not a brand whore.

You get what you pay for. More money equals better quality. In most cases. But your welcome!
ANYONE CAN BUY A NEW CAR. IT TAKES A TRUE ENTHUSIAST
TO BREATHE LIFE INTO AN OLDER ONE.

meifert
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby meifert » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:27 pm

My neighbor just got a set of Rotas for his Maxima and they cracked after only 1000 miles. Its cheaper to buy the real stuff unless you just park it. You blow up a wheel on the highway and you might not have to make that choice again
1984 Corolla SR5.....banana on wheels
Buddy Club Spec 2 Over axle, T3 Test Pipe, T3 Bomber Bar, T3 Ultimate Rear Brace, Enkei Apache 2 wheels, (Weber carb and Cam not installed)

Cheap, good or fast.....pick two.

chocobot
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby chocobot » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:09 pm

SlideSexy wrote:https://vimeo.com/35126125

Start at 3:42, and watch for just 15 seconds.

That is the reason I'd never buy XXRs, Rotas or any other replica.. He was probably doing a max of 30 mph coming IN to the corner, so close to his exit was probably like 15mph.. MAYBE. A little tap like that at that low of speeds and the rim is destroyed? No way man. Almost any real deal wheel would have probably just bent, in the smallest bit. Even if it wasn't a small bend, lets say a big bend and good amounts of curb, only the outer lip would most likely be damaged. Seeing how a CR01 is 3 piece, the damage done would cost the price of a new lip which is about $150-220 depending on where you get it from.

I'd much rather ride on a bent lip for a few days instead of having no wheel at all.

To each their own.

CRAP QUALITY.
OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE.
Your skill in reading has increased by one point.

SR86RD
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby SR86RD » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:02 pm

has anyone installed the 15x9 -15 version?

JyuRoku
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby JyuRoku » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:47 pm

FROM THE VIDEO:

Those are XXR's which are JUNK. Rota's are a much better quality wheel. ROTA used to be an OEM manufacturer for Subaru and a few other car companies.

Also, you could look at that two ways. If the wheel didnt take the damage, the force would have transfered into the suspension arms, and even into the frame/subframe mounting points causing ALOT more damage.

SidekickChuck
Club4AG Expert

Postby SidekickChuck » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:14 pm

More money doesn't always equal quality. ADV.1 is a perfect example. They cost 8k and everyone sees pics of them on super cars, yet they are total junk.
Silver/Black 1985 ae86 gts Heavens Gate Corolla
2001 Carbon Black e39 M5
89' Supra Twin Turbo 1JZ (sold)

meifert
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby meifert » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:39 pm

JyuRoku wrote:FROM THE VIDEO:

Those are XXR's which are JUNK. Rota's are a much better quality wheel. ROTA used to be an OEM manufacturer for Subaru and a few other car companies.

Also, you could look at that two ways. If the wheel didnt take the damage, the force would have transfered into the suspension arms, and even into the frame/subframe mounting points causing ALOT more damage.

From the video it looks like the wheel failed prior to hitting the curb. Rotas are not an OEM outside the Philippines anymore because they dont pass standard safety tests. They are slightly less shitty than XXRs. I have seen multiple Rotas fail on dofferent types of cars, my favorite was on a Fox body Mustang, when the guy hit the gas both rear wheels ripped the rim right off the face of the wheel.
1984 Corolla SR5.....banana on wheels
Buddy Club Spec 2 Over axle, T3 Test Pipe, T3 Bomber Bar, T3 Ultimate Rear Brace, Enkei Apache 2 wheels, (Weber carb and Cam not installed)

Cheap, good or fast.....pick two.