Here's a peek at the second concept of the Toyota FT-1.

Anything about cars, as long as it's clean...
No offensive language, no profanity, no nudity, nothing that your mom will slap you for...
Be nice to others.
Moto-P
Club4AG Enthusiast

Here's a peek at the second concept of the Toyota FT-1.

Postby Moto-P » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:08 am

Toyota FT-1 Version 2, Unveiled at Gordon McCall's Motorworks Reunion 2014, Pebble Beach, CA...

Designed by CALTY, the second iteration of the concept Toyota FT-1 was released to the public eye, for the first time.
The design has not changed too much from the first rendition, but the new car features an updated interior trim with a very rare leather saddle color and material, as well as a new bronze-pearl exterior paint.
The new FT-1 Concept car is also the first to make a public appearance with a team of designers who now publicly speak with the public to gain interests and exchange opinions rather more casually, from CALTY in Southern California as well as TOYOTA USA, which might be a evidence that the car is much closer to becoming a reality. Chief designers from CALTY, Alex Shen, and William Chergosky were present as well as CALTY's President Kevin Hunter, answering many questions for several hours at 4 venues this week, from San Francisco Regional Corporate Center to McCall's kick-off charity event of the Monterey Historics, as well as grounds of Pebble Beach Concourse...

Packed with HUD (Heads-Up Display system in the upper dash instruments, as well as myriads of on-board information LCD just below and in front of the wheel, along with futuristic designs, it is reminiscent of a theme from a Supra A60, from the 1980's. The A60 also featured a very early departure from tradition on the exterior styling as well as interior features of the traditional cars in the 1980's with digital cluster, powered 16 way adjustable seats, DOHC production inline 6, and touch panel radios and AC systems that awed the tech-savvy crowd back in the days.
The FT-1 Concept seems to be headed in just that direction but with very traditional front mounted engine, and rear drive system classic and familiar to any sports car enthusiast despite the seemingly updated visual controls and features, which also follows the tradition of a Toyota Celica/Supra lineage it seems to follow.
Electronically actuated door latch, and rear wing that retracts into a dedicated recess in the trunk lid is a distinct feature of the concept...
The exterior dimensions seems visually very bold and large, and without doubt, hinting at the very focused purpose of being a Grand Tourer with very high levels of sophistication, balance, aerodynamics, and at the same time, appealing to the emotions of sight and (maybe later when the engine is complete, sounds).

For now I'll leave you with photos of the event at Monterey, California, and let you conjure your own thoughts.

http://club4ag.com/toyota-ft-1-version- ... -beach-ca/
Moto Miwa
founder, Club4AG

Moto-P
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: Here's a peek at the second concept of the Toyota FT-1.

Postby Moto-P » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:09 am

Moto Miwa
founder, Club4AG

SidekickChuck
Club4AG Expert

Postby SidekickChuck » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:25 am

Man, I love everything about this car.... but the nose.
Silver/Black 1985 ae86 gts Heavens Gate Corolla
2001 Carbon Black e39 M5
89' Supra Twin Turbo 1JZ (sold)

Moto-P
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Moto-P » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:41 am

Haha, well be comforted that this is a Concept car and lots can still change. :)
Moto Miwa
founder, Club4AG

bunta_garage

Postby bunta_garage » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:38 pm

beauty

IndiaDorifto7
Club4AG Expert

Postby IndiaDorifto7 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:52 pm

I hope d-bag rich idiots keep their greedy hands away from this car so as not to ruin its image, as they ruined that of Ferrari ,Lamborghini, etc. People only see those cars as toys for the rich, not as the soulful, spirited race cars that we car enthusiasts know.

8686GTS
Club4AG Regular

Postby 8686GTS » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:12 pm

Love it
ImageImage

Crono0001
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Crono0001 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:23 pm

IndiaDorifto7 wrote:I hope d-bag rich idiots keep their greedy hands away from this car so as not to ruin its image, as they ruined that of Ferrari ,Lamborghini, etc. People only see those cars as toys for the rich, not as the soulful, spirited race cars that we car enthusiasts know.

Plenty of people see them as soulful, spirited race cars.

ryun84
Club4AG Expert

Postby ryun84 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:11 pm

Somehow reminds me of old Vipers.

I want some PS experts to render these concepts into watered-down versions that are closer to street-legal. I always hate how most car company's concepts toy with my emotions only to crush them under heel when production models come out.

IndiaDorifto7
Club4AG Expert

Postby IndiaDorifto7 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:47 pm

Crono0001 wrote:
IndiaDorifto7 wrote:I hope d-bag rich idiots keep their greedy hands away from this car so as not to ruin its image, as they ruined that of Ferrari ,Lamborghini, etc. People only see those cars as toys for the rich, not as the soulful, spirited race cars that we car enthusiasts know.

Plenty of people see them as soulful, spirited race cars.

Hopefully, In my high school, people seem to want these cars solely for their vanity and poshness.

IndiaDorifto7
Club4AG Expert

Postby IndiaDorifto7 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:49 pm

ryun84 wrote:Somehow reminds me of old Vipers.

I want some PS experts to render these concepts into watered-down versions that are closer to street-legal. I always hate how most car company's concepts toy with my emotions only to crush them under heel when production models come out.

Here's a rendering of the ft-1 as a supra: https://autos.yahoo.com/news/toyota-supra-rendered-ft-1-concept-173017415.html

haymaker
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby haymaker » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:22 pm

looks like a rx8 and a gtr got their hump on