Dancing headlight issue

truenoboy
Club4AG Enthusiast

Dancing headlight issue

Postby truenoboy » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:27 am

So I've now tried three different motors on my driver's side headlight, but the headlight keeps opening and closing when I turn the switch off. Since I've tried three motors with the same issue, I doubt the issue is with the HL motor. What cases this issue, and how can I fix it?

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

aukword1
Club4AG Expert

Re: Dancing headlight issue

Postby aukword1 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:36 pm

It sounds like they need to be adjusted. Check out this thread which discusses the issue and fix. https://www.club4ag.com//forums/viewtopic.php?t=20851

truenoboy
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby truenoboy » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:14 am

aukword1 wrote:It sounds like they need to be adjusted. Check out this thread which discusses the issue and fix. https://www.club4ag.com//forums/viewtopic.php?t=20851

Thanks! Unfortunately that link is about a different issue. I'm not having issue with adjustment because I already set it by adjusting the arms. The issue is that the lights repeatedly open and close on the driver's side when I turn the switch off. Like a continuous blinking eye.

aukword1
Club4AG Expert

Postby aukword1 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:26 am

Then that might be a short in the line. If the adjustment is off it will act like that but only once, it wouldn't do it continuously.

Disable adblock

UNLIMITED 86
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby UNLIMITED 86 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:46 pm

Try cleaning the connection to the retract relay (by the battery). Make sure the pins/plugs aren't corroded or caked with crap, and the wires arent broke.

The grease that was used in this connector is old and gotten pasty over the years. Not to mention it likey has collected lots of crap too.
IG: unltd_86

Parts for Sale: https://offerup.co/profile/ae86

WTB: OEM Windshield, hatchback 3rd brake light, and a clean Kouki Trueno Front bumper (also willing to trade mine + cash/???)

idreamofdrifting
Club4AG MASTER

Postby idreamofdrifting » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:57 am

UNLIMITED 86 wrote:Try cleaning the connection to the retract relay (by the battery). Make sure the pins/plugs aren't corroded or caked with crap, and the wires arent broke.

The grease that was used in this connector is old and gotten pasty over the years. Not to mention it likey has collected lots of crap too.

Mine winks ;) (Driver side flips up, doesn't flip down...) I will try this method. Thanks!

Disable adblock

Return to “TECH: Corolla AE86”